IDKMafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 6: Roles

4 posters

Go down

Game 6: Roles Empty Game 6: Roles

Post by Wassamattawityucca Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 am

YOU MAY NOT REVEAL YOUR ROLE PM TO ANYONE IN GAME, UPON THREAT OF BEING INSTA-KILLED AND BANNED FROM FURTHER GAMES

PLEASE NOTE: As you can probably tell, it's just a little strange that some of these roles have to do with death and things "beyond" the grave. In order to ensure that the game is fair roles will not be revealed after a player is killed. Through, as you can see several of the roles in this game are made to deal with that very issue. Additionally, I have revealed almost all details of each and every role (with some details kept only to maintain the role's usefulness). If you have further questions, please (for my sake) try to ask them here before the start of the game or send me a PM; however, if the detail is very very important and I have simply forgotten to mention it, I'm sorry, but I will have to reveal it to all players.

ROLES

Town

Game 6: Roles Phoenix
1. Phoenix Wright – A famous “ace” defense attorney who was disgraced and lost his badge when he was tricked into using forged evidence in a trial, Phoenix Wright currently lives his days out as shitty “pianist” by day/undefeated poker player by night. Currently pardoned and studying to re-take the Bar exam, he hasn’t forgotten any of the lawyer skills that earned him his reputation. As a result, once in the game he may choose a player to defend in their lynching trial that day, assuring them to survive that day no matter their alignment. This defense can be done at any time during a day even minutes before the end of the day.

Game 6: Roles Maya
2. Maya Fey –Spirit medium, Ex-assistant to Phoenix Wright, Maya Fey is a fun-loving young woman who has finally embraced her role as the future Master of the Kurain Channeling technique. As a result she has unbridled power over spiritual channeling and of the Kurain Spirit Severing Technique. Once a night she can channel a dead player and use their power for the following day or night (depending on what their ability is); however, she can only channel a player once before it is lost forever to her, so whom and when she chooses to channel is a tough decision she must make wisely.

Game 6: Roles Odoroki
3. Apollo Justice – A rookie attorney with “Chords of Steel” who was unknowingly caught up in the rivalry between Phoenix Wright and Kristoph Gavin, Apollo tries his best to reconcile what he has learned from both men and his own morals, despite both older men’s…morally questionable actions. His inherited Gramarye family perceptual ability combined with his bracelet allows him to once a night wean hints and indications of a person’s true intention. This means that he is not told a person’s role, but given hints of the person’s role. This is useful only if he is able to piece the clues together (which I promise you will NOT be easy).

Game 6: Roles Minuki
4. Trucy Wright – The darling daughter of Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright and sister of Apollo Justice, Trucy is a young magician and the successor of the famous Trope Gramarye’s magic. Always an unpredictable bag of fun, this young lady still has a lot to learn before she can wow packed stadiums with her patented “magic panties”. In the meantime she’ll do her best to help her Daddy and his friends to the best of her abilities! Trucy possesses a list of vaguely named one-shot abilities, none’s of which ability she is told. Their names may serve as an indication of what they will do. Pregame and during each and every night, she must choose one ability to use. The GM will announce on the live thread what the effect is. If she does not choose one, Wassa will choose (and I assure you I will pick the one that is most fun for me). These one-shot abilities do not necessarily target players, but instead cause a global passive effect on the entire game - for instance forcing every player to call Wassa “Your Honor” when addressing her in PM or thread. The GM will at least admit that the possible abilities are spread in effect between positive, neutral, or negative effects. Their overall effect depends on Trucy’s luck in choosing.

Game 6: Roles Edgeworth
5. Miles Edgeworth – Rival to Phoenix Wright and adopted son of Manfred von Karma, Miles Edgeworth is one of the most accomplished young prosecutors out there. Having finally dealt with most of the demons that have plagued him under Von Karma’s control, he has moved on to become a stalwart protector of truth and justice – as his real father once was. Although no longer as concerned about always getting a guilty verdict, Edgeworth may only once in the game use his past influence as the “Demon Prosecutor” to force the lynching of a player who has received at least 2 votes. This prosecution can be done at any time during a day, even minutes before the lynching. Be warned, however, that due to Phoenix Wright’s inexplicable ability to “tunabout” a trial if this power is to coincide with his own, the Judge will (in the end) rule in his favor, nullifying this power.

Game 6: Roles Gumshoe
6. Detective Dick Gumshoe – A lovable goofball whose pay has been cut more time than one can count, Gumshoe always has the best intentions at heart (even when things don’t go according to plan). Once a night he may chose one target to bring into custody to interrogate. While this action essentially protects the person being interrogated from being killed at night, this also prevents that player from taking a night action. This ability may serve the town well if used correctly…

Game 6: Roles Franny
7. Franziska von Karma – The whip-wielding daughter of Manfred von Karma and, thus, “sister” of Miles Edgeworth, Franziska is a girl who was corrupted by her father’s vision of utter perfection; however her experiences with Phoenix and later Edgeworth have taught her the value of a loss and of humility. Having already survived certain death at the hands of Matt Engarde’s hired assassin, Franziska von Karma is well acquainted with how to survive an assassination attempt. Just once in the game, a Mafia kill aimed at her will only hit her in the shoulder, allowing her to survive the night. This ability, however, is not applicable if the weapon of choice is poison.

Game 6: Roles Kyouya
8. Klavier Gavin – Although he looked up to his older brother Kristoph Gavin, having learned the man is a psychopathic killer, the young prosecutor (and Platinum selling rock star) has become well versed in the use of his brother’s weapon of choice. Once a night he can target a player to check and have them treated for atropine poisoning. Although, the poison is slow acting, Klavier can only treat a person the night they are poisoned. This liability is offset by the fact that he has become well versed enough in the poison to spot when it is intended to kill him, essentially making him immune to poison kill.

Game 6: Roles Pearl
9. Pearl Fey – Little cousin of Maya Fey, young Pearl his a powerful spirit medium with only limited knowledge of the Kurain Spirit Severing Technique due to her young age As a result, she can use it just once in the game.

Game 6: Roles Ema
10. Detective Ema Skye – An ex-client of Phoenix Wright’s, Ema is obsessed with the beauty of forensic science. Sadly, it seems that her time studying it abroad did not assure her her desired position in the local police department, as she was delegated to the measly role of police detective. As a result, she often tries to sneak her knowledge of forensic science into her day to day work. Once a night, she may target a dead a player to discern a their full role; however, her lacking knowledge of the forensics techniques needed to accurately investigate a person limits the effectiveness of her investigations to hints of a person’s true role similar to Apollo Justice’s.

Mafia

Game 6: Roles Chinami
1. Dahlia Hawthorne – Phoenix Wright’s beautiful ex-girlfriend and notorious serial killer, Dahlia Hawthone has no remorse for anyone but herself; however, her innocent charms and delicate façade win over everyone. Once a night she may target a dead a player to discern their full role; however since her only experience with the dead is her own serial killings and because she cannot afford to blow her “innocent” cover, this ability is limited to only hints of a person’s true role. If killed while “Maya Fey” is still alive, Dahlia will become a vengeful ghost, allowing her to forcibly take over the Spirit Channeler’s Maya Fey’s body during the day to “steal” her lynch vote, and change it into what she wants. Dahlia will indicate what the new vote will be through PM to Wassa. This ability, of course, can be stopped through the use of the Kurain Spirit Severing technique by any Fey Sprit Channeler. The severing must be correctly targeted on the dead Dahlia Hawthorne for it permanently expel her ghost to the underworld.

Game 6: Roles Garyuu
2. Kristoph Gavin – The “Coolest Defense in the West”, Kristoph Gavin is one cool and collected customer who in intimidation in court, but always gets his client off the hook. Too bad the man is a backstabbing, psychopathic serial killer who will stop at nothing to get revenge against those he feels will have wronged him, such as that manipulative bastard Phoenix Wright. If chosen to perform the Mafia’s kill, the player he targets will be killed with his signature weapon – the deadly, but slow acting poison atropine. As a result, this kill will take place at the end of the next night, essentially giving the victim one more day and night of actions.

Game 6: Roles Karma
3. Manfred von Karma – Manfred von Karma is a ruthless prosecutor who believes that only perfection can be tolerated. He'll do anything to get a guilty verdict. He may choose one player per night to block from performing a night action. Additionally, his 40 years of perfect experience as one of the most influential (and frightening) prosecuting attorneys in the district has hardened him into one of the most accomplished liars in the business. As a result, he never gives away his true intentions when investigated – always coming up as a random townie to perceptual scrutiny.

Game 6: Roles Gant
4. Damon Gant – The Chief of Police of the district, Gant is externally cheerful and eccentric. But, despite his oddities he is a clever and calculating man who knows just how to get what he wants, even if it necessitates blackmail and murder. He may manipulate the scene of a crime after a kill to prevent forensic scientists on the scene from ever knowing that player’s true role; This ability, however, is limited as his position of as Chief of Police leaves him a very busy man. Being Chief of Police does come with benefits, though, as it makes him completely immune to being held for interrogation.

Last edited by Wassamattawityucca on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

https://idkmafia.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Game 6: Roles Empty Re: Game 6: Roles

Post by Wassamattawityucca Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:39 am

Wow that was a fucking essay I had to write. Um, please let me know if anything is unclear or anything.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiroshi Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:53 am

Ill let you know after I'm done reading it lol
Jiroshi
Jiroshi

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:58 am

Questions that I hope you are allowed to answer (just ignore the ones you can't I suppose):

Is Pheonix Wrights ability a one-off? Or can it be used everyday if he so chooses it?

How will his trials work? Or is that just a fancy way of saying the player won't die?

If Wrights gets killed in the night, will the player he protects get their protection taken away and automatically killed?

Can Maya use her power with to channel a dead mafia player? Or is it Townie only?

I'm guessing Pearl Fey is one of the intentionally vague ones...cause I don't get her power at all. If you're allowed, can you explain further? Oh wait. Just read Dahila's role. Nevermind.

Comments:

The "hint" roles seem like fun abilities. Hope whoever gets them can figure out the riddles.

I like what you're doing with Trucy: "I will pick the one that is most fun for me". You're punishing the player for not being active. Though I'm worried about the "Your Honor" part...

Gumshoe will only be able to be used (intentionally) correctly towards the endgame most likely.

I love how Franziska's power is cancelled out by Kristophs. And then you go on to nerf Kristophs power as well. AND THEN YOU GO IN FOR THE GUY WHO'S IMMUNE TO THE POISON ALL TOGETHER OH MY GOD THESE POWERS ARE AWESOME.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by megalan7 Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:38 am

Looks like a role-a-thon game. Few questions

1. For Klavier, does his personal immunity still go into affect if he is saving someone else or does it just mean he can choose to save himself as well?

2. For Phoenix Wright, will he have to blow his cover to do his power or is it just a PM Wassa type of power.
megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:10 pm

Good questions everyone!

Yes, Phoenix's power is a one-off. Also, he must PM me for it to work, so it doesn't require him to blow his cover. The trials are just a fancy way to say they won't be lynched. Haha. If he is killed during the night, his protection will not work, as he is no longer there to "represent" a person during lynch.

Yes, Maya may channel a Mafia as well.

Ah, glad Pearl made sense! Yes, she and Maya are there to counter Dahlia.

Klavier is immune to poison period, as I want to prevent "rivalries" between only two characters from occurring. It forces other Mafia members to be active and look for him rather than leaving it all for Kristoph.

Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Thanks for the answers. Super excited to play again!
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Glad to hear it! I've also added little pictures, because this game has convenient little pictures that don't take up a ridiculous amount of space.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:32 pm

Addenum: Phoenix Wright's power is a DAY power, thus if he is killed in a night he wouldn't be able to use his power anyways.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down