IDKMafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 7: Dead Thread

+2
Wassamattawityucca
RogueDream09
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Game 7: Dead Thread Empty Game 7: Dead Thread

Post by RogueDream09 Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:13 pm

Lonely. I am so lonely. Nobody's dies yet. I'm all alooooooone.

Lol I'm setting up the dead thread, dont mind me.
For the newbs: the dead thread is the place where players go once they've died to enjoy the company of other dead players, compare notes, comment on the living, bitch about their deaths, place bets about the outcome of the game, and other ridiculously fun things!

You see, once you've died, you're not allowed to post on the live thread, the only time you can talk about the game currently in progress is here in the dead thread. so this thread is arguably my favorite part of IDKMafia, and I hope you enjoy it too =]
I just have to set it up so that the only people who can enter the dead thread are players of my choosing(players who have died)..

Last edited by RogueDream09 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:59 am; edited 2 times in total
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Game 7: Dead Thread Empty Re: Game 7: Dead Thread

Post by Wassamattawityucca Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:36 am

Ah, I see you opened it without my help, anyways. Like I told you in the PM I can either add people who are allowed to see it as we go or you can just trust the players not to look.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

https://idkmafia.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:00 am

I would appreciate it if you add people as we go. Thanks!
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:44 am

In that case I would have to make the thread invisible and then add people later. I'll do it now
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:03 pm

So, the Doctor is dead...
which is a HUGE loss for the town because Jinx can now disable players for long periods of time... and almost no one is safe..

I gotta say, I'm surprised that Megalan didnt use his power. at least to protect himself.. thats what I wouldve done. Cyborg was probably THE most important town role in this game.

But as a whole, the town is really slacking...
They didnt vote on the first day, and we all know how I feel about that.
And I received a grand total of 1 night action from them.. which was Robin. Robin is investigating, but cyborg is not protecting, Beastboy is not transforming, raven is a day power, so i wonder if Raven is gonna start being proactive anytime soon...
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:07 pm

the mafia on the other hand is doing pretty well. Although I wonder if they realize that they can power block starfire and not worry about the side-effects of killing her because she's role blocked...? Only time will tell..
And Gizmo's secondary ability is now pointless because no one is being protected anymore :-/

All of he intricacies I've put in the round are being unraveled already... The mafia either got really lucky or they have their shit together..lol
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:42 am

They are most likely just very lucky; however, I have to question the fact that the Mafia can block a bomb? I find it just a little strange as bomb powers tend, for the most part, to be a passive power - which cannot be blocked at all. I figured that your bulletproof Mafioso was put in to act as a counter to Starfire, negating the need for the powerblock to work on her?
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:17 am

well, aparently my mafia wasnt strong enough. i figured that out of the 7 townies, jinx's role block only works against 4 of them, so why not make star blockable..? the likeliness of it happening is small, most people wont even think it possible, so why not give them this??
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:19 am

you're the one who said that I'm GMing this round so I should make it my own, thats what I'm doing
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:27 pm

RogueDream09 wrote:you're the one who said that I'm GMing this round so I should make it my own, thats what I'm doing
Oh no, you're right! I'm not telling you to change it, I'm just asking a question is all. You're welcome to disagree with me. After all, no one says you have to agree with my arguments.

Like you said, it's your sandbox so feel free to adjust as you'd like.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:29 pm

*sigh*

Oh well. At least it looks like Lady Luck is doing what I attempted.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Only time will tell.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:50 pm

Honestly, what did you guys think? Was I really that suspicious? What would you have done if you were playing and I suggested what I did?
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:58 pm

i wasnt paying that much attention actually. but I think i had a similar predicament where I figured i was gonna die and I needed to tell the town what I knew. I decided to tell 4 separate people.. But a confession at anytime to anyone is endangering yourself. And robin would be a tough loss for the town.

Also, unfortunately, Robin was(or at least should have been) in-confident about the results of his investigation. Robin unfortunately investigate Gizmo and the results were vaguely pro-town. VERY vaguely... so Robin didnt really have anything useful to declare.
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by TiltedMiddleground Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Yeah, the majority of the Mafia's success was luck-based. Jiro and Zorb had vague ideas about who was who, and we decided to act upon those. Really, everything would have fell apart by even the slightest changes in certain decisions made on both Mafia's and Town's parts.
TiltedMiddleground
TiltedMiddleground

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:50 pm

KanedaC wrote:Honestly, what did you guys think? Was I really that suspicious? What would you have done if you were playing and I suggested what I did?

I wouldn't have trusted you. Although I would agree that Robin should have filtered his results through a couple of people (Not knowing the results were bad) there were QUITE a few new players this game, as a result they are probably not used to the tactics that you guys have on the forum - which tend to lean more towards giving as much info to the Town and Mafia as a whole unless it's extremely vital information. To someone who doesn't regularly play on our forum, asking a vital player to reveal themselves or reveal information even during a time of crisis probably seemed pretty scummy. Not to mention that in your original post you seemed to be suggesting Robin should give out his investigation to one person which a couple of people pointed out the flaws to (though you later corrected it).

*shrug* Sometimes the Mafia or Town are luckier in some rounds than others. It happens.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:51 pm

TiltedMiddleground wrote:Yeah, the majority of the Mafia's success was luck-based.

Exactly. I imagine the relatively inactive town also contributed to some of the Mafia's good luck
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by call-me-pixie Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:57 pm

RogueDream09 wrote:i wasnt paying that much attention actually. but I think i had a similar predicament where I figured i was gonna die and I needed to tell the town what I knew. I decided to tell 4 separate people.. But a confession at anytime to anyone is endangering yourself. And robin would be a tough loss for the town.

Also, unfortunately, Robin was(or at least should have been) in-confident about the results of his investigation. Robin unfortunately investigate Gizmo and the results were vaguely pro-town. VERY vaguely... so Robin didnt really have anything useful to declare.
and this is what I get for assuming. Because you said "innocent" and I assumed people would be claimed innocent or guilty. But then I got your response about Temari and it was already too late.
call-me-pixie
call-me-pixie

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:04 pm

Oh well. Good game mafia! I realized who the mafia was when I had died and had gotten out of panic mode. If I had kept a cool head when I was being voted out I could have seen it immediately. Tilted never breaks the ice and Jiro isn't ever one to suspect me without asking me about it first over a pm. And I was right about Zorbflack. His Live Thread presence just seemed off.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:06 pm

KanedaC wrote:If I had kept a cool head when I was being voted out I could have seen it immediately. Tilted never breaks the ice and Jiro isn't ever one to suspect me without asking me about it first over a pm. And I was right about Zorbflack. His Live Thread presence just seemed off.

Right right and right again! It's a shame that this kind of stuff is always easier to see after all is said and done, but hey that's how we learn!

Hope you always remember from here on out to keep a cool head and analyze patterns from game-to-game. ;D
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:33 pm

soooo honestly this game should have lasted longer if everyone played smarter! when kenada claimed a role all non-mafia should have backed off until someone else claimed that role also. and when i asked/begged you all to come to me and organize not a single person messaged me!! i have been mafia before and that was very out of character for me as a mafia, why would i attract that much attention to myself when not trying to get voted on.....

btw LadyLuck has stolen johns comp MWHAHAHAHHA
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by TiltedMiddleground Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Wow, even someone who wasn't in the game noticed how out-of-character I was?

Meh, I don't deny it. I can't keep a poker face to save my life.
TiltedMiddleground
TiltedMiddleground

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiroshi Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:42 pm

Honestly from my point of view the past couple of rounds always depended on more active players. I'm not saying people didn't put effort into the game but if your gonna sign up get ready to get invested. Communication is what makes or breaks a game. And I wouldn't say this round was all lucked based. This team of mafia worked well together.

1) The town not voting the first day gave us a free night kill and survival pass for the first day. I will always and forever try to vote on the first day....unless I'm mafia and it benefits me lol. Killing cyborg was very lucky.

2) We (the mafia as a whole) figured out who mas, menos, and starfire were.
I had pmed lady who told me the only other person she had talked to by the second day was kookie I had a strong speculation that the two were mas and menos. She confirmed it by posting that mas and menos were and insta kill. She then tried to claim starfire who tilted found out was actually temari. Trusting your bestie will almost always get you killed temari. We used temari knowing she was starfire which was great on filters part.

3) It was a great bonus that kaneda made himself suspicious. If I was town I totally would have backed him all the way but instead we used it to incriminate him. Now the reason temari trusted us is because zorb and I claimed mas and menos. This was all zorbs idea. I just helped implement it by telling pixie and temari that we were mas and menos. Tilted also convienced temari that he was robin. Once we had the backing we killed kaneda. Knowing who mas and menos were was awesome for the next night kill.

4) it was all a team effort. If I had to say someone was the brains it was zorb this round. And I would like to apologize to temari. The three people she trusted were all mafia lol we used the newbie for our Benefit. Nothing personal, just what the game does to you.

Oh and the reason I wanted megalan dead was cause last round that I was mafia he picked out my flaws as mafia. Over all this was a cool round. Can't wait to play again!
Jiroshi
Jiroshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiroshi Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Oh and pixie. You got jinxed this past night lol
Jiroshi
Jiroshi

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:49 pm

Once again, the city is safe. Thanks to, the powerpuff girls!

Last edited by RogueDream09 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next