IDKMafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 4: Dead Thread

+5
KanedaC
Jiroshi
RogueDream09
TiltedMiddleground
Wassamattawityucca
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Game 4: Dead Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Game 4: Dead Thread

Post by KanedaC Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:13 pm

Wassamattawityucca wrote:
No I wouldn't have. Any only because (I'm trying to think as a Mafia killer would) if an investigator had a paper with no result on it, would there really be a reason to dispose of the evidence? I only do that if the investigator was roleblocked the same night as they were killed.

Interesting. I have to say my one regret was not having megalan investigate kid0kami on the first night. I had forgotten that ANY night actions against Zuko would result in the person being killed. Ah well.

megalan7 wrote:I shoulda called bullshit. The moment I saw he was a townie I knew you were mafia but it was too late.

I figured. Good thing the round was ending. Hahaha

Jiroshi wrote:I loved my team. Especially having kaneda on my team. It was perfect. I honestly don't think we have been against each other yet haha

I don't either. Hopefully it'll stay that way...I don't want to be killed by a Jiroshi-run mafia

kid0kami wrote:nothing. I'm well aware of your cunning.

I hope people can trust me in the next round...

TiltedMiddleGround wrote:Kind of unrelated, but when you began the vote against me, Jiro, did you already know I was Katara?

Yeah, we did. When megalan started pming him and Gwen Jiroshi decided to let him live and switch the vote to you since you could more detrimental to us in the night. I knew I could make megalan harmless if I just steered him in the wrong direction, but you were being more cautious then that, so you were killed. I can't remember who found out you were Katara though. It was either me or Jiro.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyLuck Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 am

i was texting a mafia!!!! damn you joe!!
LadyLuck
LadyLuck

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyLuck Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:04 am

damn i was allianced with all the mafia!! no wonder jiroshi ignored my wanted attacks
LadyLuck
LadyLuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiroshi Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:06 am

Of course haha sorry Sammy I had to haha it worked out for me lol Jj too lol
Jiroshi
Jiroshi

Back to top Go down

Post by megalan7 Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 am

Hey guys, I've been thinking and there's something in general I've noticed.

In both games, loss came about (( or almost came about as seen in the MLP game )) from trusting the wrong people.

In the MLP game, both me and Kokotan were able to find out everyones role thanks to people misplacing their trust. It was so bad that when Pixie finally came out as Twilight, no one beleived her cus they thought Kokotan was Twilight. Everyone seems to be to trusting of whoever they alliance with. This game I made a couple plans in case Kaneda was mafia ( which he was ) and he can attest to me doing this. People need to be much more careful. The MLP game only worked out because me and Koko killed each other.
megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:09 am

Yeah, we would have lost the MLP game if not for that. And I agree and disagree. You have to try and trust people to some extent and definitely talk and make plans, because if you don't you get nowhere, even if the person is in the mafia. But it definitely should be said that you should never tell someone your role on the first day. The fact that we got all five roles so fast was great for us, but if I'm ever a vanilla townie, I want my roles to try and survive for as long as possible.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiroshi Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:46 am

Wassamattawityucca wrote:Also, I see you are all committing the gravest error the town can make - one I hope those that are alive are not doing...

Wassa I'm curious. What's the error that the town made?
Jiroshi
Jiroshi

Back to top Go down

Post by megalan7 Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:47 am

Jiroshi wrote:
Wassamattawityucca wrote:Also, I see you are all committing the gravest error the town can make - one I hope those that are alive are not doing...

Probably telling people their roles.
megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:48 am

It was not thinking there were more than three mafia
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyLuck Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 am

Jiroshi wrote:Of course haha sorry Sammy I had to haha it worked out for me lol Jj too lol
i wish i could say i wont trust anyone again cuz i think almost everyone i trusted this game were mafia.... but then i would get no where in the games
LadyLuck
LadyLuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiroshi Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:07 am

Very true Sammy.

Oh and just curious wassa(I always like to ask this question) how do you think we did? Good things and bad on bothsides and individually maybe?
Jiroshi
Jiroshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Jiroshi wrote:

Kaneda said it. It was misjudging how many Mafia members there are. Doing that incorrectly can cost you a game too early, if you don't realize how close the Mafia is to equaling out.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

https://idkmafia.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:42 pm

Jiroshi wrote:Oh and just curious wassa(I always like to ask this question) how do you think we did? Good things and bad on bothsides and individually maybe?

Well, let's see for you guys in the Mafia I have commented that you guys make a very good team, however you guys definitely acted much differently than you did in the first game. Had I been playing the game, your early insistence on the need for an early lynch (a tactic, I admit that I condone even when playing town, but one that is only ever argued as being "necessary" by Mafioso) would have immediately made me suspicious. To make matters even worse, Mafioso tend to rely too much on "scummy" logic for taking a certain action, which Marvi's "Obsidian was Mafia and suggested we shouldn't lynch last game, so we DEFINITELY should now" was clearly. Be careful of avoiding scummy logic and play as you would as a Townie.

For the Town I actually am not too worried about you guys trusting too much, because I think that withholding valuable information that could have won the game for the town is a greater sin. My problem was that (from what I have read in the dead thread) some of your "logic" for deciding who is suspicious or not is, in my opinion, very faulty and luck-based. For instance, someone said that they suspected Gwen (or was it Hito?) because on the first night she sent a PM saying hi and talking about how they liked the round theme. Yes, they were Mafia in the end, but suspecting them for not immediately talking about the Mafia game is not a good evidential basis. IF this was a face-to-face Mafia game with us together, than perhaps that COULD be a basis for suspicion, but only because you would have the facial expression and lie giveaways to supplement that. In online Mafia the only basis you have for identifying Mafia is a player knowing more than a Townie or Town Role should know, utilizing "scummy" logic, or clearly contracting a previously stated thing. So yes, being too open was a problem, but this bugged me more that ever did.

Um, if you really want an individual evaluation I can only really do that if I see all your PMs, since that is a bigger part of the game and you gameplay style than the main topic.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:43 pm

[quote="KanedaC"]
No I wouldn't have. Any only because (I'm trying to think as a Mafia killer would) if an investigator had a paper with no result on it, would there really be a reason to dispose of the evidence? I only do that if the investigator was roleblocked the same night as they were killed.

Interesting. I have to say my one regret was not having megalan investigate kid0kami on the first night. I had forgotten that ANY night actions against Zuko would result in the person being killed. Ah well.

No, only if he had been killed would all other people taking actions on him have been killed.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TiltedMiddleground Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:49 pm

It was Hito. And yeah, I knew that it wasn't the "dead giveaway" that I labeled it as. Still, considering how this person and I have never communicated until that point and the message was incredibly random and empty, not even so much as suggesting an alliance as most first-day messages go, and then not bothering to reply, it was at least somewhat suspicious. I just had the misfortune of not living long enough to get more evidence.

Either way, I understand your advice. Thanks for caring 'bout us little folk.

Last edited by TiltedMiddleground on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
TiltedMiddleground
TiltedMiddleground

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:52 pm

No, only if he had been killed would all other people taking actions on him have been killed.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH. That makes sense
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:01 pm

TiltedMiddleground wrote:It was Hito. And yeah, I knew that it wasn't the "dead giveaway" that I labeled it as. Still, considering how this person and I have never communicated until that point and the message was incredibly random and empty, not even so much as suggesting an alliance as most first-day messages go, and then not bothering to reply, it was at least somewhat suspicious. I just had the misfortune of not living long enough to get more evidence.

Either way, I understand your advice. Thanks for caring 'bout us little folk.

I do what I must because I can! (Oh that reminds me of a theme I REALLY want to do!)
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Locked thread to make way for the Game 5 Dead Thread
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin