IDKMafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 5 Dead Thread

+8
Jiroshi
LadyLuck
RogueDream09
megalan7
TiltedMiddleground
Wassamattawityucca
pipgal909
KanedaC
12 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Game 5 Dead Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 5 Dead Thread

Post by TiltedMiddleground Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:12 pm

KanedaC wrote:It's Char Aznable from Mobile Suit Gundam: 0079. It is the character depicted as being one of his Mobile Suits the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which can detach it's head and fire lasers from it's mouth and fingers.

That's pretty awesome. Smile Thanks.
TiltedMiddleground
TiltedMiddleground

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:13 pm

TiltedMiddleground wrote:Yeah, I can see that. Since I am still learning this game, I was hoping that my over-eagerness could just be seen as a relative newbie trying to get better.

And it would have worked....if I hadn't already seen you play well numerous times.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

https://idkmafia.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TiltedMiddleground Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:02 pm

Wassamattawityucca wrote:
TiltedMiddleground wrote:Yeah, I can see that. Since I am still learning this game, I was hoping that my over-eagerness could just be seen as a relative newbie trying to get better.

And it would have worked....if I hadn't already seen you play well numerous times.

I may be misinterpreting your comment, but are you suggesting that I have played well in the past, too?

You are too kind, Wassa.

I know this is kinda pathetic to ask, but were there any other moments in my performance that indicated my falsehood, or perhaps if you have any tips? I want to know what else I can improve on in future rounds.
TiltedMiddleground
TiltedMiddleground

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:24 pm

I think the biggest tip off was the moment when Wassa died. You were trying too hard to play innocent. You have to think and act like a townie at all times if you want to get in on their good side. It may seem detrimental to you, but it gains their trust. Hell, when I was mafia I was willing to let Jiroshi to start a campaign against me to have me killed so that he could look good in the eyes of the townies. Thankfully it never got bad so I never had to suggest it.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by TiltedMiddleground Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Did that ever backfire on you in a different round?
TiltedMiddleground
TiltedMiddleground

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Not really, since every other round I actually was a townie hahaha

Though, during the Avengers round I put a pretty large target on my person by playing too aggressively. But that was because I was invulnerable (or so I thought) anyway. It bit me in the butt when Tsukiko had computer troubles and couldn't log on so that Jiro could make both of us invincible and I died, but it wasn't the mafia that killed me in the end. It was Wassa's random generator.

C'est la vie
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Welp. That ended quickly. Though I feel if more of the town participated it could have gone in their favor.

I am now open to any questions and/or complaints.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by TiltedMiddleground Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:02 am

Really, my biggest complaint about this game were the technical difficulties everyone seemed to have, which really can't be helped. Not too many people were active on the Town forum due to computers acting up and whatnot, and so there wasn't very strong communicative bonds between everyone.

As the theme goes, I really liked how there were no vanilla people. Everyone had a role, making each person important and thus (at least, should have been) compelled to act more. It added another layer of appreciated difficulty for the Town, as each Day vote (again, at least should have) had to be carefully considered to not risk losing a valuable member. However, the absence of Vanilla townies also took away the typical facade conjured by Mafia, forcing them to employ different, more complex tactics to keep themselves unnoticed.

In addition, the unusual introduction of the third party also added another layer of much appreciated complexity. (If only the role were in more...capable hands. lol)

Given, the shortness of this round really was disappointing, but it can provide as an excellent point for the newcoming players.

Good job, Mafia, and good job, GM. Smile
TiltedMiddleground
TiltedMiddleground

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:06 am

Honestly I think you played fine. It was the first time you had ever even played a game with the role in it, let alone actually be the role. The more you play the more you'll learn.

And thanks!
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:18 am

Also, you can post in the live thread until Wassa changes it so everyone can post here
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by TiltedMiddleground Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:20 am

Oh. Cool. Smile
TiltedMiddleground
TiltedMiddleground

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:48 am

TiltedMiddleGround wrote:
I may be misinterpreting your comment, but are you suggesting that I have played well in the past, too?

You are too kind, Wassa.

I know this is kinda pathetic to ask, but were there any other moments in my performance that indicated my falsehood, or perhaps if you have any tips? I want to know what else I can improve on in future rounds.

Yes, you've played well before. You've just had bad luck.

I suspected you right from the beginning. Your PMs praising me for giving you tips in-game were too fake and complacent, plus you were too eager to agree with everything I said in PM rather than (as a townie would) questioning EVERYTHING I said. Anyone who is too trusting is suspicious in my mind.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by megalan7 Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:57 am

WARNING RANT IMCOMING
megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:02 am

Dis gon be guud
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:06 am

Im glad the round ended. I'm not sure how much longer I could keep Jiro off of my case. I tried using my 'bitterness' over my misplaced trust in him last game in order to remain anonymous and not claim a role.
Also, being that this is my first round as a mafia member I see how Jiro having constant access to me as one of my best friends can be troublesome. Jiro may just be a better actor than I am...

I'd also like to say I dont quite understand why Wassa sacrificed herself for Jiro. It was Jiro that you saved from Tilted, right?? Jiro did nothing useful with his second chance at life. In my opinion, Wassa would've done the town more good.
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:07 am

KanedaC wrote:Welp. That ended quickly. Though I feel if more of the town participated it could have gone in their favor.

I agree we had very bad luck with Town inactivity (Just so everyone is clear, DeathGod is not allowed to play in future games); however I believe there were a couple of personal issues I had with the game mechanics, which can be summarized as "Too much ambition with too little to work with":

1) There were only 12 players, so seeing the count balanced as 7 Townies, 4 Mafia, and 1 Serial Killer immediately had me concerned. With a distribution like that, even if the Town played at its exceptionally well, the odds were stacked too much against the Town for my own personal liking.

2) Although an "all-power-role" game is fun and very possible to do, even I shudder to do them because they are ridiculously hard to balance AND they create unnecessary stress and chaos for the GM, themselves. I personally do not like to deal with them, because too much rests on the GM balancing the game perfectly. Any miscalculation and the players may feel they were cheated out of a fair game.
- On that note, you already know my qualms with any role that brings people back from the dead. It's too easy to cause problems - not sure if you know this, but Jiro was planning on bringing me back from the dead and that would have completely broken the game as 2 Mafioso had already revealed themselves to me after death, and the third I was already completely sure was Mafia. It would not have been fair to Mafia that I knew so much.
-I liked the mystery roles (there was a little too much mystery for my liking, especially since I learned the errors of my way with the MLP round), but with everything else that was in the game, it really complicated things for players even further.

3)Finally game power order - Is what you said to Megalan true? That if he had not protected me I would have been killed before I could use my power to save Jiro? Not sure if you wanted to change power order up, but I would have assumed that all kills go last as they do in most games.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Despite all this, you were good at staying calm under pressure - you didn't crack TOO easily under my very very nosy questioning, and I think you handled a complicated game very well.

P.S. - Did you come up with the roles and distribution between teams yourself or was this inspired by a "base" that someone else created?
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:10 am

RogueDream09 wrote:
I'd also like to say I dont quite understand why Wassa sacrificed herself for Jiro. It was Jiro that you saved from Tilted, right?? Jiro did nothing useful with his second chance at life. In my opinion, Wassa would've done the town more good.

She wasn't really expecting to use her powers that night. She protected him because he was the only one whom she thought was actually a townie at that point. Also, Jiro asked A LOT of questions about his powers, so I was expecting him to use it during this last night phase. Don't know why he didn't.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:13 am

RogueDream09 wrote:I'd also like to say I dont quite understand why Wassa sacrificed herself for Jiro. It was Jiro that you saved from Tilted, right?? Jiro did nothing useful with his second chance at life. In my opinion, Wassa would've done the town more good.

I sacrificed myself, because it would have been stupid for me to allow two town deaths during the night which, according to Marvi would have happened if I hadn't done so.

Nothing useful? Really? Jiro and Megalan already had you, Rory, and Gwen down as Mafia. He was going to revive me tonight, and thus allow the town a confirmed Townie for them to rally around. I'll admit I'm a little disappointed that he apparently didn't use his power tonight, but that wouldn't have been a problem had it not been so easy to get the Town numbers equal to Mafia.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by megalan7 Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:17 am

SOOOOOO MANY THINGS WRONG HAPPENED HERE. I AM NOT ADRESSING THESE IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER JUST HOW THEY COME TO MIND!

FIRST: We had two inactive town members. As far as Kaorix is concerned, I don't blame her, her computer died which sucks and we can't really do anything about it, so Kaorix gets a pass. DEATHGOD!!!!!!! CAPS LOCK ACTIVATE.

STRIKE ONE: MLP GAME YOUR WILLINGLY KILL YOURSELF! ROGUEDREAM CAME OUT AND MENTIONED HIS HIDDEN ABILITY AND YOU DID NOTHING ABOUT IT. THIS RESULTED IN TWO DEATHS FOR YOUR LACK OF INTEREST

STRIKE TWO: IN THE AVATAR GAME I DONT EVEN REMEMBER SEEING YOU

STRIKE THREE: THIS GAME YOU LITERALLY LEFT THE STATE DURING THE GAME! WHY WOULD YOU SIGN UP AND DITCH!

Look man I think your cool and all, but this has to stop. Me and Wassa decided you are not allowed into the next game. Nothing personal, but you don't seem to really care about the game

NEXT ORDER OF BUISNESS

The town to mafia ratio needs some work. Two games now its been that essentially if by day two no mafia are killed its game over. That's not much time to make plans or do anything. Day one is a wash so its hard to count that. These games have been short becuase by day three mafia = town. With this being fixed the games will last longer and allow for more strategy. Look at the MLP game. LOTS of town compared to Mafia.

PART TWO OR RANT COMING SOON

megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:24 am

RogueDream09 wrote:I'd also like to say I dont quite understand why Wassa sacrificed herself for Jiro. It was Jiro that you saved from Tilted, right?? Jiro did nothing useful with his second chance at life. In my opinion, Wassa would've done the town more good.

I sacrificed myself, because it would have been stupid for me to allow two town deaths during the night which, according to Marvi would have happened if I hadn't done so.

Nothing useful? Really? Jiro and Megalan already had you, Rory, and Gwen down as Mafia. He was going to revive me tonight, and thus allow the town a confirmed Townie for them to rally around. I'll admit I'm a little disappointed that he apparently didn't use his power tonight, but that wouldn't have been a problem had it not been so easy to get the Town numbers equal to Mafia.

He may have figured us out but it was too late. His power as you said would allow the town a confirmed townie to rally around. A power which he didnt use. I would've used it the moment Ron died. And I thought you would've lived. you survived the mafia attack because hermione protected you, right?
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by megalan7 Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:27 am

RogueDream09 wrote:

He may have figured us out but it was too late. His power as you said would allow the town a confirmed townie to rally around. A power which he didnt use. I would've used it the moment Ron died. And I thought you would've lived. you survived the mafia attack because hermione protected you, right?

He may have figured us out but it was too late.

I figured out three of you on night two. the fact that it was only night two and it was TOO LATE is an issue. That should have been quick for figure out 75% OF MAFIA.
megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:27 am

KanedaC wrote:Welp. That ended quickly. Though I feel if more of the town participated it could have gone in their favor.

I agree we had very bad luck with Town inactivity (Just so everyone is clear, DeathGod is not allowed to play in future games); however I believe there were a couple of personal issues I had with the game mechanics, which can be summarized as "Too much ambition with too little to work with":

1) There were only 12 players, so seeing the count balanced as 7 Townies, 4 Mafia, and 1 Serial Killer immediately had me concerned. With a distribution like that, even if the Town played at its exceptionally well, the odds were stacked too much against the Town for my own personal liking.

2) Although an "all-power-role" game is fun and very possible to do, even I shudder to do them because they are ridiculously hard to balance AND they create unnecessary stress and chaos for the GM, themselves. I personally do not like to deal with them, because too much rests on the GM balancing the game perfectly. Any miscalculation and the players may feel they were cheated out of a fair game.
- On that note, you already know my qualms with any role that brings people back from the dead. It's too easy to cause problems - not sure if you know this, but Jiro was planning on bringing me back from the dead and that would have completely broken the game as 2 Mafioso had already revealed themselves to me after death, and the third I was already completely sure was Mafia. It would not have been fair to Mafia that I knew so much.
-I liked the mystery roles (there was a little too much mystery for my liking, especially since I learned the errors of my way with the MLP round), but with everything else that was in the game, it really complicated things for players even further.

3)Finally game power order - Is what you said to Megalan true? That if he had not protected me I would have been killed before I could use my power to save Jiro? Not sure if you wanted to change power order up, but I would have assumed that all kills go last as they do in most games.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Despite all this, you were good at staying calm under pressure - you didn't crack TOO easily under my very very nosy questioning, and I think you handled a complicated game very well.

P.S. - Did you come up with the roles and distribution between teams yourself or was this inspired by a "base" that someone else created?

Oh wow. Where to start. I guess I'll go with each paragraph.

1. I realized this after the game had started, but this was only because of the inactivity. I honestly think that if everyone had been equally active, it would have been balanced and I feel the town could have definitely won.

2. I didn't find it too difficult, but I did feel the pressure of people possibly complaining that it wasn't fair. I did my best to have roles that balanced each other out.
-Oh wow. I didn't know that. Why would they contact you? Isn't it illegal play to contact the dead? Guess I should have made that clear at the start of the game, but I thought everyone knew that it was against the rules.
-Thank you! I was actually inspired by the MLP game. I don't think it went bad at all. My only regret in that game was being sick so that I wasn't thinking/playing clearly for the majority of it. But I mainly did this so that people couldn't hide behind the "I'm a vanilla townie!" excuse this time around. I wanted to see what people would do when EVERYONE had an important role to play. It ended up with the town not being able to trust anyone, which is what you said was a flaw in the last dead thread. I think you were the only townie who was pretty much open to everyone else. The mafia played well on this fact.

3. I don't remember saying that. If I did I mispoke. Here's the of night actions of said night in order of me getting them:

Megalan7: protect Wassa
Tilted: Kill Jiroshi
Wassa: Protect Jiro
Lady: Kill Wassa

megalan would have protected you from the mafia had you not protected Jiro. If you had protected, say, Raaaawry that night, then you would not have died. Since you DID go for Jiro, even if megalan hadn't protected you, you would have still protected him. So basically megalan unintentionally wasted his power that night.

Thanks! And it was tough evading your PMs. I really had no idea what was kosher or not to tell you. But what I told you I told others that asked the same. Though I don't remember exactly what those were right now...

It was all myself. I only used a mafia wiki on roles for help. I just used what I thought fit each character best and what seemed balanced between teams. I was considering having Lupin be the werewolf and have him be a psychpath and having Hermione be a psychiatrist role, but decided against it. Looking back, it might have been a better idea.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:29 am

Wassamattawityucca wrote:I sacrificed myself, because it would have been stupid for me to allow two town deaths during the night which, according to Marvi would have happened if I hadn't done so.

Oh! Our kill missed because you were already dead, NOT because you were protected...
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:30 am

I do agree that the mafia to townie ratio needs to be fixed and that was my major regret in the game. I probably should not have used the serial killer role at all. Or had the psychopath/psychiatrist roles like I said in the last post.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by megalan7 Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:31 am

I'm actually gonna hold off for a minute on my rant part two to respond to rant one.
megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next