IDKMafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 5 Dead Thread

+8
Jiroshi
LadyLuck
RogueDream09
megalan7
TiltedMiddleground
Wassamattawityucca
pipgal909
KanedaC
12 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Game 5 Dead Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Game 5 Dead Thread

Post by megalan7 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:02 am

Overall Kaneda I think for your first big game as GM you did well. I have complaints but I've had that about every game to some extent. I really enjoy this game and put a lot of time and effort into as Jiroshi and Wassa can both attest to.

In the MLP game I spent HOURS talking with people, making plans, figuring out roles, so when I found out Kokotan had deceived me and ruined all those hours, I exploded and was incredibly mean to one of my friends for over 10 years and I still feel bad about that.

In this game I spent a good hour or two planning with Jiro and the same with Wassa. I even managed to figure things out for the most part but a few odd things happened ruined it. The only reason I am upset is I put my all into this game so when I lost I get frustrated as I put a lot of time and effort into it.

Sorry again if I say anything mean or hurtful, I'm really not trying to be an eliteist and say I'M BETTER PLAY MY WAY. I just want people to think about concerns I have, see if they agree, and if we need to address them. No ill-will is meant by anything I say. I think your all cool people and I really do I have fun playing this with all of you. I guess I just take it too serious.
megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:04 am

RogueDream09 wrote:I think your power is to sacrifice yourself to save your students from attacks on them. you cant save them from suicide.
[/u]If he chose to bring Ron back[/u], it would have been a great resource for the town.
All I'm saying is that your sacrifice was against the towns best interest If Jiro wasnt gonna step up and do what his power was meant to do.
KanedaC wrote:Actually, if Jiro had used his powers on Night 1, you wouldn't have had to die at all. Jiro's power was supposed to be activated before a kill could reach him. And since he was already dead, you didn't need to protect him.

Guys, these ideal situations are based on the hypothetical situation if Jiro had brought back Ron on Night 1. Problem is he didn't. *shrug*
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

https://idkmafia.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by megalan7 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:05 am

KanedaC wrote:I understand your point, but I disagree. The vague roles were put there so that townies HAD to communicate if they wanted to win. And the bad guys couldn't hide behind the "vanilla townie" role anymore. I also did it because I felt like it would have been fun if I were a player. Sorry if it wasn't.

Well, the town didn't really take a hit because the game was over anyway, but now I'll explain why I didn't tell you.

The answer was already in Jiro's Role PM. If he didn't tell you it could have been because he didn't want you to know. If I told you I might have been interfering with the game. And if I told you to "go ask him" then that would give you the clue that he already knew about it. I was being impartial.

Jiro told me he didn't know....wtf....

If I knew that I was going to protect Kimicco, making mafia's kill worthless and this game would still be going. And no, I'm not trying to make things up to sound cool or anything, I really would have protected her as she was the only other townie I had confirmed.
megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:08 am

Well I think this was a healthy discussion =]
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:08 am

He just might not have remembered that it was in the PM. People forget things sometimes. But on the off chance he didn't, I didn't wanna interfere. And it's unfortunate, because I do believe you when you say you would have saved Kimico.

And to Wassa, yes it was an ideal situation, but it was one I could tell Jiro was heavily considering based on PMs he was sending me. I was legitmately shocked he didn't use it that night. And was even more shocked when he didn't use it on night 2. I thought for sure he was saving it for when you died after not using it the first night.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by megalan7 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:10 am

He was supposed to use his power on night two but he didnt
megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:11 am

I wonder why? Has he been on today? Did something prevent him from getting on? Or did he just forget that nights only last one day?
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by megalan7 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:12 am

I dont know really. It didn't matter, but he didn't
megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:13 am

It didn't matter in the end, yeah. But he couldn't have known that.

Also, to the mafia, can you answer why you didn't go after Jiro either night? Did you know he was going to be protected?
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:13 am

Oh wait.
As for Vague Roles
I think that we need to know what the roles can do, but how they do it and the stipulation necessary for the power can be hidden. For instance, Avengers. Iron man could make powers but we didnt know that he couldnt vote in the day phase in order to create the power.
I legit thought that Fenrir couldnt post n the live thread and that DeathGod was Fenrir or something.lol

Last edited by RogueDream09 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by megalan7 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:15 am

RogueDream09 wrote:Oh wait.
As for Vague Roles
I think that we need to know what the roles can do, but how they do it and the stipulation necessary the power can be hidden. For instance, Avengers. Iron man could make powers but we didnt know that he couldnt vote in the day phase in order to create the power.
I legit thought that Fenrir couldnt post n the live thread and that DeathGod was Fenrir or something.lol

I agree with this.
megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:15 am

Fenrir couldn't "talk" during the night phases, which meant he couldn't send PMs during those times.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:16 am

Um. on the second night I convinced Sammy not to target Jiro because I was also fully convinced he would use his power soon. I didnt want to waste a night by targeting a person who will commit suicide before we get to them
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:16 am

Oh right. You knew his power. Forgot that. Makes sense then.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:17 am

KanedaC wrote:Fenrir couldn't "talk" during the night phases, which meant he couldn't send PMs during those times.
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:17 am

megalan7 wrote:Question: Did we know Jiro's power at the time? (( Wassa please answer ))

I knew he could protect people, but I wasn't sure if it required a sacrifice. If he confirmed that to me, I apologize for missing vital information.

Not sure where Jiro is. He could have had the bad luck of being busy today.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:19 am

YEAH. I knew his power BEFORE wassa died. I just went through my sent box and I sent a message to my fellow mafioso on the 12th telling them all about Little miss lovegood and (what I thought were) joe's plans.
Wassa died on the 13th
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:20 am

How did you find out? Did he tell you? And what were his plans? Was he thinking of saving pipgal?
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by megalan7 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:21 am

OH and me and Wassa also agree that the forum will not have another game till after Otacon to give time to rest from these last games. We will still plan the next game soon.
megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:22 am

I'm gonna text Jiro now.
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:22 am

Are you the GM for the next game or something?
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wassamattawityucca Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:24 am

Not sure. Possibly based on what the theme is. We will decide the theme after Otakon, anyways.
Wassamattawityucca
Wassamattawityucca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RogueDream09 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:24 am

ROLES
From RogueDream09 To LadyLuck, Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Kimico1991 is Hagrid
Jiroshi tells me that he's luna lovegood. he says that his power is to sacrifice his life to revive another a player. He's thinking about using his power to bring Ron back and hope that Hermoine will protect Ron now that we all know that pipgal is Ron

I was actually trying to convince him to do so. I knew he didnt wanna die and I wanted to gain his trust by proposing a pro-town plan of action.

Last edited by RogueDream09 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : italics indicate present converastion)
RogueDream09
RogueDream09

Back to top Go down

Post by megalan7 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:25 am

If the theme is Smash Brothers I will GM.
megalan7
megalan7

Back to top Go down

Post by KanedaC Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:26 am

I wonder what made him change his mind? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS FOR JIRO AND SO LITTLE TIME. No wait, I actually have a shit load of time. Carry on then.
KanedaC
KanedaC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next